You already trust our team at Revolutionary Insurance Group in Corpus Christi, TX for all of your personal line coverage needs. But did you know that we also offer flood insurance?
This handy policy helps protect your residence in the event of a serious flood, which occasionally happens this close to the coast. However, it doesn’t always handle everything, which is why it is so important to know what’s excluded from your policy. Here’s what you need to know about what flood insurance does not cover.
What Flood Insurance Typically Doesn’t Cover
While having flood insurance is great in case of a huge storm or coastal flooding, it is important to remember what your policy typically excludes. The most common items to remember are:
- Anything damaged by mildew or moisture is not associated with a flood.
- Damage is caused by the movement of soil or earth movement, such as mudslides.
- Temporary housing while repairs are being made or loss of use.
- Personal property outside your main building, such as patio furniture, plants, septic systems, swimming pools, hot tubs, sheds, etc.
- Paper currency or stock certificates inside your home at the time of a flood.
Of course, this is just a shortlist. It is vital to read your policy documents fully to understand what is and what is not covered by flood insurance.
All Flood Insurance Has the Same Restrictions
It is important to note that all flood insurance is the same in terms of what is covered and not. Policies are written by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and sold through individual agencies like ours. The limits and coverage are still the same, no matter who you purchased your policy from.
Protecting your Corpus Christi, TX home from unexpected flooding is important. Please get in touch with our team at Revolutionary Insurance Group today to schedule an appointment to discuss your options.